Its taken me awhile to come up with a new years resolution, I suppose simply because I’ve never really done it before. And even if I did I never took it that seriously, never really cared to uphold the resolutions that I was making.
This year I plan on changing that though! A goal always helps you achieve better results, right? As well as keep you focused as to not go astray from what you want to achieve in life.
So here are my list of resolutions for 2012!
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. A bit of a cliche, I know, but this is the only way to experience everything out of the one life you live. Have to squeeze everything out of that lemon before you throw it away.
- Learn how to play guitar. In grade six I learned how to play but ever since then have forgotten everything. I own two guitars but never feel the inspiration to pick them up and start learning again. Probably because I get frustrated with my slow progress urghh
- Learn how to cook. I can cook… well so I think. I’ve never tried making a full meal on my own. I always help my sisters out in the kitchen and that is about as far as my skills go. The one thing I can make on my own is crepes. Very simple but oh so delicious!
- Study study study! I feel like this is the one resolution I will probably break. I say it all the time that I need to study hard and stop procrastinating but nothing has really come of that. But with 2012 being my last year in high school and (unless I change my plans) my first year in university I need to start working harder.
- Take as many photos as possible. This resolution is definitely the one I am most passionate about. And will be easiest to uphold. Time to start taking my camera everywhere I go to see what awaits my lens.
These resolutions are for sure all about learning new things. Never a bad thing, but I only hope that I will follow them! Last resolution, uphold at least three of these other resolutions!