I recently discovered ‘The Happy List’ on one of my favorite blogs Nothing Spaces. As soon as I read through the post it struck me as something to remind yourself that minute (sometimes) everyday occurrences can make you happy too. Its easy to get caught up in your dreams and big goals that often seem to be going nowhere, which makes it a good idea to just sit back and review the things that are going right in your life. Such as the fact that its summer. ;) And of course, after reading through hers I had to try and make a list of my own. So here goes.
- Watching ‘Pride and Prejudice’
- Drinking tea
- Finishing a project after lots of hard work
- Sitting in coffee shops chatting with my boyfriend
- Taking photographs in the rain
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- Trips to the ocean with my family
- City lights at night
- Planning trips abroad
- That sleepy feeling after a day of adventure
I encourage everyone to try and make their own happy list. Also check out the original happy list author here.
I actually found it difficult to come up with ten things that made me happy. I don’t know if that is sad or what but yeah. Its probably sad. Maybe its time to reevaluate a few things. In any case have a happy week :)