Hello all! I recently discovered this blog link up from Chattingatthesky all about sharing the things that you learn. I was immediately intrigued as I don’t think that many of us actually take the time to think about all the things we learn in a month, whether big or small. After mulling it over for awhile, I realized that contemplating these things is important. Whether you realize it or not, every day you are learning something new and these new things are what helps you grow as a person. We never stop learning and growing, and I think that this is one of the great things about life. You never know where something you learned might take you, right?
This month I learned:
01. How to ignite a gas stove with a match. This may sound easy and mundane, but I hate lighting matches so this was a huge thing for me. I forced myself to do it or else I would starve while in Amsterdam. Yikes!
02. How to cope with homesickness. Last month was difficult for me after moving away from home for the first time ever. I think I successfully navigated the icy waters though and am finally enjoying my time here!
03. Some of the history of Amsterdam. I know someone here who is getting her masters in urban planning and she is full of all sorts of facts about the city. So interesting.
04. How to etch. Last week Christine and I went to the Rembrandt House Museum and were lucky enough to take part in a free tutorial on etching. It was on plastic instead of copper but it was still fun as we got to keep our prints after!
05. How to navigate around Amsterdam. One of the many things that I am terrible at is reading a map. So I am rather proud of my knowledge of the Amsterdam streets. One of the things I love about this city is that its so small. A couple of nights ago we walked from one side of it to the other, why can’t all city’s be like this?
So there you have it! I wish I could remember more things I learned but I have a bad habit of not writing things down, so hopefully next month this list will grow longer.
What are some things you learned this month?